This past year I’ve not been much of a Garden Geek and I’ve certainly not been blogging about it, so here we are a quarter of the way into 2019 and I think it’s time to get things back on track.
Being a Dad to an active toddler happened and my priorities changed meaning less spare time to get out in the garden. That’s about it really. But she’s 18 months now and I reckon it’s time she got her hands dirty in the garden!
What’s this about seeds then?
Oh yeah, so whilst it’s not great weather outside it’s the perfect time to get seeds germinating indoors, and so I’ve dug out the Gourmet Flower Seeds I was given over a year ago. That’s right…flowers you can eat.
The kit consists of:
- 1 x Packet of French Marigold ‘Red Brocade’ seeds
- 1 x Packet of Cornflower ‘Blue Boy’ seeds
- 1x Packet of Calendula ‘Orange King’ seeds
- 1 x Packet of Dianthus ‘Sugar Baby’seeds
- 1 x Packet of Nasturtium ‘Jewel Mix’seeds
- 1 x Packet of Wild Pansy seeds
- 6 x Starter growing pots made from peat 6cm in diameter
- 6 x Peat blocks which expand when watered
- 6 x Plant markers
- 1 x Sowing & Growing Tips
It’s great that there was everything I needed in there especially the expanding compost blocks. When submerged in water they expand to seven times their original size. Pretty cool.
My daughter helped me with spreading the seeds (with a little help from me) and I think she’s going to love being a Garden Geek!
Let’s see what happens
I chose to pot the seeds in a cheap propagator I bought from Aldi rather than the peat pots supplied and hopefully in a few weeks we’ll see some shoots.
I’ll try and keep you updated so the next blogging gap isn’t so long!