If you’re looking for some creative Halloween decorations and don’t want to spend a fortune on shop-bought products then here’s something for you.
- Expanding Builders Foam 750ml
- Spray Paint (Gloss Black)
- Acrylic Paint (Crimson Red)
- Anything to fill the legs with! I used some wood lengths and wrapped old cloth around them.
Using Expanding Foam
I was pretty lucky in that I had all the materials in my shed but it’s all pretty inexpensive stuff so I was happy to make this as a one off.
- Fill the trousers with whatever you can find to pad them out and give them a human shape. I put some bricks in the seat of the trousers and then screwed the waist of the trousers to the chair so that it wasn’t going anywhere. Next I filled the legs with lengths of wood with material padding around them.
- You don’t want to waste your foam so try and fill up the trousers with as much ‘crap’ as you can.
- Get your expanding foam and follow the instructions on the can. The cans usually come with gloves and a long nozzle. I sprayed the foam to fill out the thighs and then with a controlled pressure I made what the intestines.
- You should end up with something like below. Now leave it to dry overnight.
Once your foam is dry then it’s time to get creative. Spray black paint into the nooks and crevices which will add depth and definition. Next it’s the time for the red paint which I applied with a brush.
That is essentially it. I added socks and shoes, then got some fake blood a splattered it around a bit on the body. As you can tell, I didn’t really have too much of a plan so if you deviate a bit or use different methods then it’s not an issue.
Happy Zombie Apocalypse!